Sunday, June 7, 2009

Nature or Nurture?

Hubby went golfing with his buddies today. Since my ass was hurting from sitting on it for the last three days, I volunteered to "walk the dogs" with my cousin. It was only after we started that she said, "We have to walk for an hour. I had a piece of cake today." I looked at her dumbfounded. I had a peanut-butter brownie for breakfast, followed by a Frapuccino for lunch (with whip!). Still, I'm lucky if I used to walk from my desk to the ladies room. Now she wants me to walk a 2-mile course? "I clocked it," she said. Three miles later (she lied) I'm friggin crippled. Seeing a cute little brown bunny doesn't even make up for it. Now I won't feel so bad about sitting on my ass all day tomorrow on the computer updating job-search sites. Since I won't be able to walk, at least I can be productive. Where's the vicodin?

2 comments:

  1. but we had fun, and it was a beautiful day, and the dogs love the river walk!!! So it was three miles, but at least we didn't get rained on. wait till we walk my neighborhood, we can do hills.

    ReplyDelete
  2. take me with you (for a frappucino and a walk). oh, and don't worry, I want whip too!! :)

    ReplyDelete